Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Love Donorschoose!

I've had really good luck with them the past couple of years. I posted a new proposal for art supplies, and another for the books from our student book club list some time ago. I received the e-mail last week saying we only had a few more days left before they were going to be archived. And lo and behold----both funded today!!!!!!! I guess Starbucks funded a bunch of Texas projects that were on their last legs. So cheers to Starbucks (now I feel badly that I don't drink coffee-can you believe there's a teacher out there who has never been to a Starbucks!) and cheers to Donorschoose. It's like $700 worth of materials for the kids!

Seriously, it takes 15 minutes to post a proposal-especially if you already know what you are going to ask for. It's worth taking the chance and posting a request-it's an easy process and they walk you through it step by step.

My 2 suggestions if you are posting a request would be: 1) Use a catchy title-that's the hardest part for me, especially because I've done a bunch now and feel like I've run out of ideas. Make it rhyme, use alliteration-the one I called "Loco for Literature" was filled in a month or so.  2) Ask for $300 or less. Especially now with people distributing the gift cards around. One project had 19 different donors to get to $300-most were smaller gift card amounts.






Pin It!

5 comments :

  1. Congrats on getting funded! Thank you for the advice. I want to start a Donors Choose project, but I've been wondering where to start. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is hard getting started-even after doing it a few times! Maybe just get on there and play with it a little bit-they have a lot of good places to order from.

      Delete
  2. Congrats and thanks for the tips. I just posted my first project this summer. So far, I haven't gotten any donations, but I haven't been real good at putting it out there for others to see.

    Angi
    ★ First-Graders from Outer Space ★

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is great information to know - and don't worry! You can get an iced tea at Starbucks, too! ;) I'm you newest follower!

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I have gotten several projects funded through Donors Choose as well. They are great! I would love to check out your Donors Choose page if you could send me the link.

    Joni
    KinderKids Fun
    jegalford3406@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete