Today was the day students returned to school. I have a large class--26, I don't mind it, but our line to go anywhere is just never-ending! :) They seem like a really bright, fun group of munchkins. Some of my favorite moments:
1) We made a school bus snack and the child asked for the graham "crapper"-yes, I'm easily amused :).
2) I was told numerous time how pretty I was-my hair, my skirt, my earrings, my hair--you get the picture. If they were older kids I'd think they were kissing up to get good grades, but I know it's just the innocence of Kindergarteners.
3) I asked some really good higher-level thinking questions during our story and they had good answers.
4) I had many volunteers to be helpers.
5) I think we are really on our way to establishing a classroom community.
6) Many left saying they loved their new class. Sometimes getting them to come back day #2 is harder. Students who have never been to school before don't always realize this is going to be regular occurrence. :)
7) I got the best e-mail from a parent --I had her daughter in my class several years ago and she said she was really happy I now was going to teach her son. That her daughter still thinks of me as her favorite teacher and she does too. Have to print that out to refer to later.
Overall a really good day.