You never know what you will find when you have to pack up a classroom!
I don't even remember making them, but I have a box full of index cards with questions to spark a quick discussion so we have no time wasted throughout the day. We all have those moments in the day when there are a few minutes until the next activity or lunch, etc.
1) What is similar/different about a pencil and a crayon, dog/cat, table/chair, book/movie?
2) Why do people always say "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"?
3) If you were a mother/father, what is one thing you would tell your children not to do?
4) Who do you think wrote the nursery rhymes?
5) What makes someone a good friend/teacher/mother/father?
6) If you could ask Martin Luther King, Jr./George Washington, etc. one question, what would it be?
7) Why do people paint?
8) Who do you think invented make-up and why?
9) What are some things we can do to make our hearts healthier?
10) Where does paper come from?
11)Why do kangaroos have pouches?
12) What happened to all the dragons? What would life be like if they still existed today?
13) How do you think music was invented?
14) How do you think they make glue?
15) Who are your heroes? What makes someone a hero?
16) Why should people go to college?
17) What do you think a fish/tiger/elephant, etc. would say if it could talk?
18) How do you think radios work?
19) Why would people want to travel outside the United States?
20) What would be fun about being a mail carrier/vet/police officer/nurse/principal,etc? What would not be
21) Where does water come from?
22) What would trees say if they could talk?
23) How do keys work?
24) Why should we learn how to read?
25) Why do you think it would be hard to work at the zoo? the circus? the grocery store?
26) How does food get to the grocery store?
27) If you could ask the President of the US any question, what would it be?
28) Why do we have tests?
29) How could you catch a fish without a fishing pole?
30) How would you get across a river if you were walking through the woods and had to cross it?
31) Why do you think bears live in caves?
32) Why do bats sleep upside down?
33) Why do wolves travel in packs?
34) What invention would help make our lives easier?
35) What would you change to make our school better?
36) How would you fix a hole in the road?
37) Why do you think there are bugs? What would happen if there were no more bugs?
38) Why do sharks usually travel by themselves and not in packs?
39) What is a family? a community?
40) What could we write with if we no longer had pencils or pens?
41) What if you had 5 friends over and only 4 cupcakes to share with them?
42) What do you think french fries are made out of?
43) How do you think toothpaste was invented?
44) Where does night come from?
45) What would happen if dinosaurs were alive again?
46) What would happen if there was never any more rain? (kind of feel like that right now in Texas :)
47) What would happen if there were no more schools?
48) Where do stars come from?
49) Why do people sometimes do bad things?
50) Where do rocks come from?
51) What's the hardest/easiest thing about being a teacher?
52) Why are flowers different colors?
53) How do you think we could make the world more peaceful?
54) How do you think they discovered popcorn?
55) Why can't penguins fly?
56) What would grass say if it could talk?
57) What do you think babies would say?
58) Why do people say "it's raining cats and dogs"?
59) What would computers say if they could talk?
60) Why do fairy tales all have happy endings?