Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

How Would You Make Snow?

I try to do a lot of critical thinking exercises with my kiddos. In this activity, I asked them to come up with a way to make snow. We don't really have snow here in Texas-if I wanted it to look like snow on my lawn what could I use. I got a lot of answers like a snow machine (my question then was, what would you put in the snow machine) or fake snow. Basically, I would make snow out of snow. Not what i was looking for. So I sent them back to the drawing board to put a little more thought into their critical thinking.


She's talking about frost-we do occasionally get that here in Texas. :)

My favorite: Poodle Hair


Not sure how the EPA would feel about that one. :)

What a typical man's answer. Make it out of dirt and white paint.

1 comment :

  1. I love the critical thinking on this activity! I am a Texas teacher too!

    I am so happy I found your blog!

    Come visit me if you get the chance!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete