This is the one I chose to comment on:
Teaching means so much to me!
* It means making a difference. I love to watch my former students grow up into scholars. I know that I am attempting to give them the best foundation as possible in basic skills. But also trying to help develop in them a passion for reading and learning. I facilitate for a campus book club for students and we meet in my classroom. I have kids who were in my class in Kinder and now are big 'ole 4th graders come in, look around and say "I remember when we did that activity".
* It means challenging kids to think in ways they never have before.
* It means having fun with my students! There's nothing like students laughing at your jokes! I can be silly with them in a way I would never be with a room full of adults! :)
* It means getting rewarded in pictures the kids draw of me where I look like Princess Leia. I get told every day that I'm pretty, that I'm a fun teacher, that they love me. What other job do you have where that happens! The rewards may seem few and far between in the politics of education today-but it's all worth it for those moments.
* It means helping families. I try to give parents as much info as possible to help their kids be successful. Some are first time parents, or it's been awhile since they had a child in Kindergarten--but we work together to try to create the best learning experience for that kiddo.
I am very passionate about teaching (sometimes too much so :). I think I ended up in this profession for a reason and hope to continue doing it for a long, long time!