Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Twist on Gingerbread Stories

I think the Gingerbread Unit might be my all-time favorite unit to do with the kids. There are just so many great stories and activities to keep them busy. We read:





In addition of course, to the classic Gingerbread Man story. Then I asked the kids to create their own Gingerbread story using their imagination. Here's what they came up with:




Gingerbread City







(they are obsessed with big things like infinity and the universe! :)








3 comments :

  1. Gingerbread is one of my favourite units too. The kids love the gingerbread playdough - and then making gingerbread cookies. THe whole school smells amazing. We have Christmas concert mayhem this week, and then move into gingerbread fun.

    sandi
    rubberboots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I wish we could bake somewhere-I bet that is such a fun activity for the kiddos! I forgot about Gingerbread playdoh too, we need to make some of that. Kinder was not included in our Christmas program this year and I'm kind of glad--not as much running around/practicing. :)

      Delete
  2. We're reading gingerbread stories this week! I love it too. I'll have to let mine come up with their own stories and see what I get! Thanks for the cute idea! :)

    Cait
    Sliding into First!

    ReplyDelete