Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Fairly Unproductive Spring Break

Halfway through Spring Break and still a lot on my to-do list! Still have to put my car in to get my window fixed-then I can actually do drive-through banking again! :) And things I have been putting off way to long like getting my haircut.

We did celebrate my Ruby's birthday-she got a new squeaky toy (she loves when she can make noise) and a bone with stuffing inside like she likes:


She's 5 years old now. She was a rescue so her birthday is estimated-but she doesn't know that. This was her at 3 months when she was adopted (otherwise known as the day she suckered me in with that face!):





I have had some time to read. I don't read very fast, so I still have a growing stack of books calling to me. But I really enjoyed this one:


I like to read the reviews after I've read a book and they are really split. It does meander from the original premise into lives of various people who turn out to be intertwined--but the storytelling is exceptional. Every once in a while there will be a line where I'll have to go back and read it again-very well-written (in my humble opinion).

I'm going to start this one next:


I know some people had their break already and some still have it coming up-I hope in any case that it's enjoyable. And maybe you will get more accomplished than I have! :)




2 comments :

  1. I think unproductive sounds like a great adjective for a spring break.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy! I do think it's just what I needed! :)

    ReplyDelete