Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Kindness Elves

So I came across this idea on Twitter and had to try it with my kiddos!


I know a lot of teachers do Elf on the Shelf, but that is just not for me. I have a very diverse class and feel like I'm leaving out those children who don't actually celebrate Christmas. Not to mention I've heard more than one child call the whole process "creepy". :)

I took one of our "buddies"-stuffed animals the kids can take home when they've had a spectacular day, and put a note explaining something they can do in the kindness realm for people today. Already they were talking about how it looked like my handwriting, so tomorrow I'm writing in cursive! But I do think it's a fun way to incorporate ways to be kind this season. After watching all the footage of people out there on Black Friday, I think we could use more of that!

Compliment someone today.

Speaking of kind acts, during a book club that I do after school some of the kids decided to write this note for me with the dry erase markers they were supposed to be using to write titles. I had to laugh:

I 'heart' you from the bottom of my heart and will never forget you, even if you get fired! :)

Ah, kids! Gotta love 'em!


4 comments :

  1. ...even if you get fired. They're too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I was like--why would I get fired?!!!

      Delete
  2. That's a very sweet idea.
    I don't do Elf on the Shelf anymore cause so many are doing it at home. I also heard "creepy" a couple of times. Haha!
    Barbara Leyne Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess it's one of those things that have just gotten too popular.

      Delete