Pages

Monday, April 25, 2016

My Poets

To sum up our Poetry Unit, I ask my students to write their own poems. I tell them to think about something they are passionate about or a message they want to convey. Some of them wrote some deep poems-they used similes and onomatopoeia. Our plan was to read our poems to an audience; we had a field trip planned to a local college. We were going to read the poems to education students there and show the kids what a college looked like up close. Unfortunately, Mother Nature thwarted our plans a bit when she sent torrential rains our way. School was actually cancelled because of the flooding, so we missed that opportunity-best laid plans!

But here are their poems (I typed them because they had trouble reading their own handwriting and phonetic spelling):






















2 comments :

  1. Please send your poets my way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could Tammy! I would love for them to have you for 1st Grade! :) You don't think they'd mind a commute to Idaho, do you? :)

    ReplyDelete