Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Digital Portfolios

I have been looking for a new platform for my digital portfolios for a long time now. I think I found it! :) For several years I have been using my class website on Weebly and uploading the pics in slideshows for each student. I didn't particularly like doing it that way, but didn't know of a better one. This year I started playing with Seesaw: http://web.seesaw.me/  .

It's very easy to make personalized portfolios that the parents can access. You simply create an account for each student. When they write something I take a picture and upload it. Right away I have the student record what they wrote. The parents are notified that something new was added and they can see it on the app on their phone.

I just started using this app with this new class, but so far I really like it and thought I would share.






2 comments :

  1. I've heard of it. I'll keep the idea tucked away in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would like it Tammy! :) Especially the part where they can reflect on their writing.

    ReplyDelete