Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Self-Portrait Snacks

One of my goals for my Kinder students is to help them become more creative thinkers. Many kiddos have an innate creativity-they just don't know what to do with it or aren't given opportunities often enough to hone that skill. So instead of doing a self-portrait on paper this week, we did it with food.

I wanted them to stretch their minds in the way they think about using certain materials. What can I use for my mouth? My hair? I think the results were very creative (and yummy to boot-win/win!). We started with a tortilla as our canvas and I had different shaped Cheetos, pretzels, marshmallows and chocolate chips for them to sculpt their faces with.












1 comment :

  1. This is so much fun. They did a great job using their creativity.

    ReplyDelete