Pages

Saturday, September 23, 2017

S.C.A.M.P.E.R. with David Goes to School

S.C.A.M.P.E.R. is an acronym for ways to inject depth into your activities. I wanted to give an example of how I use these with back-to-school reads. David is a book I love because the author's note in the beginning states how this story is basically autobiographical of David Shannon when he was young.


Here are ways to incorporate S.C.A.M.P.E.R. with this story:

1) Substitute another location for David-what would David at the mall look like? the zoo?
2) Adapt a classroom so that it would be an ideal learning space for David-maybe stain-proof carpet.
3) If you were the teacher, how would you have to modify your instruction because of David?
4) Another use for a paper airplane.
5) Rearrange the classroom so it would become David-proof.

So we substituted the mall for school--how would David act knowing what we know about him?

P.S. So I went back through old blog posts for a presentation I was giving and realized when I first started blogging I would only share the writing that was the best academically. Somewhere along the line that changed and I decided to post pics of all my students' writing. This is where we begin in Kindergarten-this is our handwriting, this is how we write down the page. If nothing else I will show the progress we make over the year!

Here's what they wrote:


























No comments :

Post a Comment