Pages

Friday, October 20, 2017

A Modern Itsy-Bitsy Spider

The Itsy-Bitsy Spider song rhyme is a great one-a classic! But what is a waterspout anyway? And there are lots of different kinds of spiders-not just the itsy-bitsy ones.

So I used the Substitution part of S.C.A.M.P.E.R. to have the kids re-write the rhyme for the 21st Century. Now what I'm sharing with you is our 2nd attempt. The first time I had them copy the sentence and the blanks confused them. Plus my responses were all big/little spiders and they were all climbing up a wall or a house. So I read them all aloud and they saw how many were similar. The second time I asked them to really think outside the box. I like that they are more varied now. 

Also, we are sounding out our words to write!!! This is a huge milestone in Kindergarten. We have been learning about out letters and the sounds that they make and now here we are applying that knowledge. I just had to share!



























No comments :

Post a Comment