Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2018

If Dr. Martin Luther King Were Alive Today

I have to admit, I can have some pretty random thoughts sometimes. I often turn my "what if's" into writing prompts for my students. I was driving home recently thinking about something that is happening in the political world and just started wondering if things would be different if MLK was never assassinated. This past year has certainly seen people standing up and protesting in a way that I think Martin would be proud of. I just wish we had a voice like his right now-one that people couldn't just dismiss.

Anyway, we are learning about him this week and about civil rights so I asked my students to think about the answer to that question. What would MLK say, feel do if he were alive today:
























No comments :

Post a Comment