Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

Celebrating Dot Day

I was in a technology training years ago and the presenter read this book to us. It became one of my all-time favorite stories to share with my students.


Just make your mark and see where it takes you.


The author has created a day each year to celebrate this story and our class, along with many other classes around the word celebrated this story. I dressed up in my dot dress and set up cups and plates for them before they came in. You would have thought I planned the best surprise party ever-their faces when they walked in! They were so excited.

We read the story and discussed it and then they made their own dots two ways. First we drew them simply with crayons. And then they made dots with food coloring on tortillas-because who doesn't enjoy activities with food, right?

























No comments :

Post a Comment