Pages

Friday, December 28, 2018

Classroom Resolutions

So I was trying to login to a site I don't use very often and was prompted to answer security questions. I'm used to who was my best friend in H.S. and what was the make of my first car. But the question today was: What is your dream job? I sat there for a second considering what I might have written years ago when I set up this account. Guess what it was? Teacher! I still feel that way-I feel like I'm doing what I was meant to do.

Reflection is an important part of our craft. Most days I am driving home thinking about what I can do better tomorrow. My resolutions revolve around my classroom:

1) Be more organized. I spent about 2 hours of our teacher prep day cleaning up my class. This group this year is not good at putting things away where they go. All my plastic containers for manipulatives had lost lids-I was like, what did they do with them? So we need to put things back where they go.

2) Step up my guided reading. Especially those last few weeks before break I was not very good about meeting with my groups. Something always came up and we had to do assessments. I will be better at doing that religiously-that's how my kiddos will learn how to read.

3) Patience. I'm going to try to be more patient with my kiddos. I have 10 boys in my class this year and they are always busy or not doing what they are supposed to be doing. It drives me crazy. We waste so much time! We need to get it together for our transitions and coming back from brain breaks.

What are your resolutions this year?














No comments :

Post a Comment