Pages

Monday, January 14, 2019

I Have a Dream, from the Perspective of Title 1 Students

We have been learning all about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and his contribution to the Civil Rights Movement. We watched the footage of his favorite " I Have a Dream" speech. I asked my students to write about what they dream would change in the world. Their answers are just heartbreaking to me. These are 5 year olds growing up in poverty with all the issues that come along with that. We recently had a shooting here where a little girl was killed as the assailants shot into her mom's car. One of my students wanted to write "I have a dream that babies do not get shot". Oh my goodness, I think my heart broke in two.




for people to be good.


people take care of the trees.


people don't kill people.


animals be safe.




the world is beautiful


everyone can sit in the front.


everyone had a family


no one get shot


that things would be fair





people stop killing each other


don't build a wall


people stop fighting






No comments :

Post a Comment