Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Digital Stories for Mother's Day

I want my students to know there are different ways they can be writers. We write digital stories about our moms. I encourage the students to use the literary devices we learned about this year. Everyone loves their moms, everyone thinks there mom is pretty-stretch your thinking a little bit.

I use the program Pixie which is probably outdated but I love how easy it is for the students to navigate. I open 6 slides-they type the text by sounding out their words, they draw illustrations or look for clip art to insert. Then we record their narration and they choose the background music for their video. Pixie puts it all together into a movie.

We invite our moms in tot he room and play all the movies for them. It's a nice day.

















No comments :

Post a Comment