Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Multiple Perspectives-If I Lived in a Van Gogh Painting....

Even though technically I have stretch objectives to do it, I feel like it's important to include art in our daily curriculum. Students need to learn how to apply their creativity and there are many ways to do this-one is to study the greats. We learned all about Van Gogh's life and analyzed some of his paintings. It's cliche, I know-but Starry Starry Night is one of my favorite paintings. I grew up out in the country and spent many nights sleeping outside looking at those stars. 

The students painted their own version of the classic painting and then wrote about what it would be like to live in a painting by Van Gogh. An extension for this would then be to learn about another artist and compare.

If I lived in a Van Gogh painting I would walk around and look at everything.



...I would see paint


I would climb up the mountains


I would like to smell the fruit from the trees.



I would be happy because they are beautiful.


I see a mountain.



I would feel extraordinary. (One of our vocabulary words!)



I would feel good.








No comments :

Post a Comment