Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Books To Inspire Change


It's been stressful to watch the news or read social media the past few months. I can't imagine being a little one and trying to understand everything going on in the world right now.

These stories show how one person can make a difference. How someone can help change the world.



A community works together to make a wall beautiful.



Another neighborhood transformed.


Sofia literally fights City Hall to get a park in their town. I like that it goes through the process of petition and a vote. She reminds me of a young Leslie Knope. :) 


Barbara Jordan used her voice to enact change for her community. I can't wait to share this book with my students because she comes from the same city they do!


I feel pretty hopeless about what is going on today. What can I do? I can help instill in a new generation a feeling of citizenship and standing up with their voices. Hopefully children are our future!











No comments :

Post a Comment