Pages

Friday, September 25, 2020

Pear Deck for Virtual Learning

I read a tweet that said "what we did in the spring wasn't remote learning, it was emergency learning". I completely agree with that. In a matter of days education was turned on its ear. Everything we knew about engagement and implementation of curriculum changed literally overnight. 

This summer I played with a number of different programs to add engagement to our daily remote learning. Pear Deck https://www.peardeck.com/ was my favorite.

You can create powerpoints (which I used to teach my whole group sessions anyway) and add checks for understanding and polls within your slides. It's easy to use and there are multiple tutorials online to help you navigate the site.

Here are just a few examples of work my students did remotely:



This is from First Day Jitters as is the next pic.



The kids have gotten used to using it and it has been a lifesaver when it comes to having something to grade. I highly recommend it for virtual learning!




No comments :

Post a Comment