Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2020

Painting Like Frida Kahlo-Virtual Version

There have been many adjustments for my students learning in the virtual world. One that I think is the hardest for them is not doing as many art projects. I work in an area of low economic development-I can't assign them to do something that I am not sure they have the materials for. Some of my students have no pencils and paper, I know they don't have glue and paint. So we adjust. :)

We learned about Frida Kahlo this week for Hispanic Heritage. I showed the students some of her self-portraits and asked them to think about how it made them feel. How do you think she wanted you to feel when you looked at it? Then I asked them to do their own self-portraits using the Pear Deck tool. Here's what they came up with:















No comments :

Post a Comment