Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Unanswered Questions

I drink a lot of tea. I started saving the boxes the tea bags come in hoping to figure out a use for them. My kids made a reading response project for the book The Cricket in Times Square. We painted the outside to look like New York City (of course, they have just seen pictures but are just infatuated with anything New York). And they illustrated the setting and characters inside.

I also had them use their unanswered questions icon to write about some things they still wonder about the characters and the plot-thinking about what the author didn't tell us.














2 comments :

  1. I love this idea! I love how much you stretch your children with writing. I am trying to do the same open ended prompts especially with our vocabulary words as opposed to multiple choice worksheets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea!

    thanks for sharing this!

    -lindsey
    http://theteacherwife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete