Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Elmer Portraits

So first day back and we survived! :) I decided I really like looping. It took me forever to come up with lesson plans because I can't use any of my usual books/activities--the kiddos have already done them. But the trade-off is that they came in today already knowing my routines and expectations. We just jumped right into our activities!

I started off with the story of Elmer 


which I think is kind of a funny one. I know it's a classic and I understand what the point is supposed to be, but it doesn't end like the usual "unique" character stories. Maybe it's just me. Anyway, instead of having the kids decorate a little Elmer, I had them make a "patchwork" self-portrait-so they would look like Elmer. They also wrote about why they are one-of-a-kind! Here's what they came up with:















3 comments :