Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

I Haiku You

One of my students said that sounds like a sneeze! ;) I discovered this little book last year on a trip to Barnes and Noble when they still had their Valentine's books displayed. I thought it was such a cute little idea. It's all haiku poems and they are very sweet!

 My class always makes something for our staff at school-the cafeteria workers, paraprofessionals, administrators, etc. I was completely stumped about what to do this year. Then I stumbled across this book again. We are making cards where on the front they write "I Haiku You" and on the inside they write a message in the traditional haiku format. Usually they struggle with this. They understand their syllables, I just think they are too stubborn to change what they wanted to write. :)


(I know this one is backwards in the number of syllables)
You are happy and fancy
You are beautiful
You are the best person.


You are my sunshine.
You are my best friend forever
You feel excited.

I'm glad you work here.
You are a special person.
Appreciated.

I wish you good luck.
I wish you an awesome day
I wish you sweet dreams.



                                                   You are the best cook, we need you so much at school ,
                                                                   you are the nicest.

You are the best one
[our school] loves you all day
[our school] needs you.

You are very sweet
You are special to our class
We think you are awesome







1 comment :

  1. Another fabulous book. I was reading about this book yesterday on someone else's blog. Okay, now I'm definitely buying it.
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete