Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

My New Classroom Theme

One of the things I have been spending way too much time thinking about is my new classroom theme. I know that the cool thing these days is not to have a theme, to keep things simple. Well, I actually do keep things very simple, you won't see chevron anywhere in my room or tissue paper flowers hanging from the ceiling! :) Honestly, the theme is much more for me. You see, when I go to look for bulletin board border if I don't have direction I tend to just buy the ones that look "pretty" and my room ends up looking like a hot mess. Besides, my themes also have educational value, I've done China and New York City. I've done books from the Wizard of Oz to the more general fairy tales. I always do something different-this year I was really stuck. I thought about doing Where the Wild Things Are or Elmer (Target had perfect plates colored like Elmer-not that I had any idea what I would use paper plates for! :).

So I'm in a teacher store today and just looking around trying to get inspired and then I see this really cute border called Bubbles. What can I do with this, I think? Oh, I know! So my room will be inspired by a book I usually read to the kids the first week of school anyway:


Yeah, I have some direction! These are the borders I got today:


Now to come up with the slogans. I think my word wall will be "Masterpiece Words" and I'll put the words on frame cutouts. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to let me know! Now off to find some polka-dotted bean bags for my library......




4 comments :

  1. Ooh, I love those dots. I think I almost picked those up last year! I like the idea of tying a theme to a book. Hmm, what could I pick? Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sara! It just spoke to me! :) Let me know if you decide on a theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. Peter Reynolds is so great.
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dot is the source of our class theme also, "Make Your Mark." Love the Dots!

    ReplyDelete