Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Summer Vacation Rocks!

Now you know I love teaching! But how nice it is to have a real break. I usually teach summer school but was not chosen this year for that privilege--initially I was disappointed, but I think it was a blessing in disguise. I am finally finding out what a real summer vacation is like!

1) I was shopping at a local produce market (kind of like Whole Foods) and I adore some of the salads they prepare. I'm turning them over like I always do to check the date and see if they are fresh and realize....I have no idea what the date even is today! :)

2) I can catch up on appointments that I put off all year like the eye doctor and dentist-I can make them for anytime not "as late in the afternoon as possible" as I usually have to ask for.

3) I have finally been able to get my money's worth from Netflix! I hate when I have a movie for over a month, but sometimes you just don't have the time to watch. I may finally be able to make a little dent in my queue.

4) Even had a guilty pleasure-a friend of mine passed along the DVD set for Pretty Little Liars. Ridiculously brainless, but addicting! Now I have to watch Season 2!

5) I haven't been reading as much as I'd like to, but I am reading more than I usually have time to. I finished:


Yes, I'm the last person on earth to read this book. I'm not a big fan of fantasy/science fiction-y books, so I really didn't think I'd like it. But how wrong I was! I was on the edge of my seat to the very end of the story.

I had to pry it away from Ruby though-who obviously also wanted to read it.



I just started this one-which I think is considered YA-a genre I also used to think I didn't like. Amazing how your tastes can change when you open your mind to them.


6) I am also starting to plan for next year already-am I a nerd or what?! My admins have told me that my students for next year are already reading--very exciting! But I have to make sure they are properly challenged. I will also be teaching 2 children of fellow teachers and the daughter of my Instructional Coordinator--that's not nerve-racking at all, right? My goal for this week is to decide on a classroom theme--any suggestions? I really liked dragons that we did last year.

I hope if you are still teaching that you are hanging in there and if you are done that you are relaxing as much as I am! What are you doing for your summer vacation?


1 comment :

  1. I am on my third book already. This is what summer is all about. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete