Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Wild Robot Books

The Wild Robot was on a book club list this year and I fell in love with the story. It's about a robot who mistakenly ends up on an island and must learn how to adapt to survive. She ends up adopting a gosling which endears her somewhat to the other island creatures. Peter Brown has since written another story in the saga-The Wild Robot Escapes. I don't want to give too much away if you haven't read it, but Roz the robot's adventures continue.



My students have just fallen in love with Roz and these stories. They would ask me every day-can we read Roz? Even though it took us from March until today to finish the sequel, we did finish it before the school year ended.

I asked my students to write about ethical questions that were brought up through the story. So I thought I'd make today's assignment a little lighter. If Peter Brown wrote another in this what would be a trilogy-what should it be about? What should the title be?

Here's what they came up with:










I blame all the Hollywood sequels for this one! :)



If you are looking for a chapter book with both adventure and heart-check out these titles. I think your students would LOVE them as much as mine did.







No comments :

Post a Comment