Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Inspiring Creativity

There is some controversy in the research regarding creativity. Some believe that creativity is innate and cannot be taught. I am not in that camp. I believe we can teach students to be more creative and I strive to include activities throughout the year that will help accomplish this.

One of the things I like to do is to teach the students about famous artists and have them discuss and write about their works of art. We talked about Van Gogh this week and the students used Starry Night as an inspiration to paint their own take on the famous painting. I loved watching their intensity and concentration in painting the strokes and the curiosity in mixing colors to see what they could make.

Here's what they came up with:

















No comments :

Post a Comment