Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Painting Like Artists

I am a big proponent of keeping art in schools. Students need to be taught how to channel their creativity. I got some small canvases from Amazon and we made palettes of paint. Usually I am very specific about not mixing up the colors-especially if we are using watercolors. But for this activity I gave them extra plates where they could mix colors and experiment. My favorite part of the experience was listening to their conversations. They were asking each other how to make "baby pink" and "baby purple" like we have baby blue. They talked about wanted to make their unique.


We looked at paintings by different artists and how they painted a vase of flowers. Then the students could paint flowers in any style they wished.

Here's what my little artists came up with:



















No comments :

Post a Comment