Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's Worth It!

It has been such a crazy week already. I asked where the pizza was at lunch today (pizza is the staple of Thursday lunch)-they looked at me with very quizzical looks as they said- "um....it's Wednesday". That's how long it feels like this week has been already!

We have progress reports coming up-- grading to catch up on. It seems like meeting after meeting. I'm trying to prepare activities for tonight's literacy night, tomorrow's parent meeting, Saturday's Poetry Club. Attended a community meeting about budget cuts after school where everyone complained, but no one had any solutions. I went home in such a bad mood yesterday.

Today didn't start any better, my soda exploded in the back seat of the car this morning (I was honestly glad to be alive, because for a minute I thought I had gotten shot-couldn't figure out what would make that sound and then get liquid everywhere!). I came in early to try to get a head start-the copy room was still locked, I asked a custodian to open it, waited and waited-it gets open and what do you know-out of service.

Ugh-I feel like Alexander in the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day (though for me it's been this whole week!).

First thing this morning, this is what my kids decided to spell in their spelling workstation:





Kind of puts it all into perspective, doesn't it? Makes it all worth it!

2 comments :

  1. Aaah! Those days make you want to scream! But, you know the cliche.. what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. And judging by your posts, your great character shined through during those "off" moments.
    PS - I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Thanks so much! I appreciate that. Very true-it does make you stronger and you have to get used to it because we all do have days like that! :)

    ReplyDelete