Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ethics for Spring

My class has really taken to the concept of ethics this year and I really think their work has come a long way. Originally they went for the easy answer-yes, the Wicked Witch of the West was wrong. Or I would help someone who needed help. To really searching for a way to make a different argument to justify an opinion.

The assignment was to write whether it was right or wrong to pick flowers and then justify their opinions. Reading their answers gave me another idea-we're going to compare that to the ethics of picking weeds next week. Because if flowers shouldn't be picked because they are living things, why would it then be ok to pick weeds-because they are seen as "bad"? Anyway, I digress. Here are the best responses to the question:




...they will grow back and it's not hurting them.




















No comments :

Post a Comment