Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Student-Led Conferences

This is an idea I have been wanting to try for a long time and you know this is my year for trying new things and being bold! I scheduled a block of time in the after school for the students to come back with their parents and for them to take the lead in discussing their progress. I made them a guide for their conversations:




I sat down with each child and had them fill out a sheet showing their goals for the year and if they met or surpassed them.




We did a practice run the day before-the students all partnered up with a student they trusted who acted like their parent. I was so proud of them, as partner after partner was picked, they just went with them-no complaints! :)  The student acting as Mom or Dad listened and the student went through their information and then they switched places. So they should all be ready.



And last but not least, since I'm asking them to explain bucket-fillers I had them write one to the person who they thought would come to the meeting.


to his Mom.

I like that the kiddos are taking ownership of their own progress and I'm sure the parents will like that they don't have to listen to me for once! :)

1 comment :

  1. I love this. We just sent home report crass and I had students help give input into the comment section.
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete