Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

If I Were a Log....

We read the book:


Which beautifully describes a great pattern in nature-a tree falls, decomposes and becomes the soil for a new tree to grow. The illustrations are really beautiful and it's a process that I don't think we consider very often. After reading the story and discussing the pattern and vocabulary, I asked the kiddos to imagine that they lived in that log, what would life be like from that perspective?

If I lived in a log, I would wish it wasn't so stinky.


...it would transform into a bus


I would dream of My Little Pony





I would be glad animals live on me




I would paint my house lots of colors



I would roll.




2 comments :

  1. Isn't it great to already see the improvement in both their thinking and writing abilities? You do great things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to see! One of the reasons I love teaching the little ones-you can see why you are doing it every day! :)

      Delete