Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Bubble Maps In Kindergarten

We have been using Thinking Maps at the campuses where I have worked for years now. The Bubble Map is the hardest one for my Kinders to understand. The bubble map is made up only of adjectives and that concept is difficult for my little ones. Not to mention none of them are writing words yet. So we did a modified version of our Bubble Map.

I read them the story of Molly Lou Melon:



After we read the story we discussed how we would describe Molly Lou and the students drew her in the middle bubble. Then they drew pictures to represent the words they were using to describe her. I actually think this steps up the rigor there. They could say "happy" but what could they draw to symbolize that. I was very impressed with the thought processes some of them had. :)


















No comments :

Post a Comment