Pages

Friday, April 10, 2020

My Favorite Egg Stories

I wanted to share my favorite books to go along with an egg theme. There are many stories about something unexpected that comes out of the egg-so I usually have my students write their own mysterious eggs stories in response.


A classic story that the kids really get a kick out of. Out of the egg hatches what they believe is a chicken (it's not a chicken). But an extraordinary friendship begins.


Non-fiction story that talks about all the different kinds of eggs. I even learned some new facts from this story.


Another classic-Duck and Goose fight over who gets to keep the egg. A bit of a plot twist at the end. :) 


The cat is thinking about how delicious an omelet would be with the eggs he gathers from a nest but after they hatch he becomes a reluctant papa to the hatchling. Lots of fun to read-aloud with the different voices of the different birds.

Hope everyone is doing well at home and staying safe.

No comments :

Post a Comment