Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Writing Poems with My 1st Graders


I LOVE using poetry with my students. We analyze real poems by poets like Frost, Langston Hughes and Shel Silverstein. Each week we read the same poem daily and then the students add it to their poetry journals on Fridays. We review the vocabulary and literary devices the poet used. Poetry is often very succinct in its word choice and rife with great vocabulary words. This week I asked my students to write their own poems about any topic of their choice. I was very impressed !


Leaves fall donw like a waterfal and it is warm and I feel cozy and fall makes me feel happy.
It makes me feel happy.








                                                   A little stream of consciousness. :) 
















No comments :

Post a Comment