Pages

Friday, August 20, 2021

You Be You

Just a reminder that you will get to know your students and know what they need.

Don't worry about the should's-how you think your classroom "should" look. (Believe me, I know how hard this is-I walk past classrooms and get jealous of the organization and creativity all the time). You know me, I don't do "cute". I don't like the focus being on things that are not for the kids.

Don't worry about How prepared you think your students "should" be. We always have students across the spectrum and this will not be any different this year.

 How you "should" teach. Each class has different dynamics and academic needs. Plan for your students. Yes you can collaborate with others, but you don't always have to do what they do.

You give your students what they need. Fight for them. Advocate for them. 

They can throw a bunch of programs and initiatives at you but you know your students.

I have had a lot of anxiety this week as we return for our pre-service activities. Things changing last minute-which is fine, I'm just frankly tired of pivoting :) I'm tired of hearing things like "learning loss" and the focus on data, data, data. Some of the students on my roster have not been in an actual school building in 18 months. There has to be a focus on SEL first. There has to be a focus on routines and I think sometimes that is forgotten.

Anyway, I just wanted to wish everyone a happy and healthy school year! I know no one asked for my opinions but here they are. You be you. Don't forget these kids are relying on you.







No comments :

Post a Comment