Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Inventing a New Holiday

If you know me at all you know that I am a big fan of using activities that will help our students learn to invent something new. 

In social studies one of our objectives has to do with holidays. How do we celebrate? Why do we celebrate? So to end that unit we make a map showing everything the holidays have in common. Do they have a certain color we associate with it? What kind of activities do we do to celebrate?

Then the students work in groups to invent their own holiday. I have to be very clear that I'm not talking about Christmas or Valentine's Day-they have to come up with something new. This is challenging for them.

Here's what my students came up with this year:







Emoji Day




Kids Day\







No comments :

Post a Comment