Pages

Friday, April 29, 2022

How I Survey My Young Kiddos

I have taught Kinder and 1st Grade throughout my 20 year career (yes, I am OLD ;) It is important to me to take a pulse of our classroom family and how things are going. I could not give them a survey that says how many stars do I deserve because everyone would give me all 5-they want to please me. So I do this instead. I ask the following questions:

My teacher always says.....if they write things like "be quiet" or "get to work" I know I'm not giving enough praise and positive feedback. You feel like you fuss all the time but I don't want that be their perception.

My teacher likes....one year I had half the class write one student's name. The teacher likes Mia. This really bothered me. I truly like all my students I didn't want them to think I liked one more than another.

My teacher does not like.....    again if they say a student's name I am just mortified. I don't want them to think I dislike any one student. I also don't like when all the answers are focused on behavior.

My teacher feels happy when......

My teacher is.... completely open-ended question


Here are my responses from this group this year.












Like most teachers water bottle flipping just gets on my last nerve!










No comments :

Post a Comment