Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Multiple Perspectives-Life of an Ugly Christmas Sweater

I LOVE using Multiple Perspectives with my students because I think it helps develop empathy. If you do these activities throughout the year you will hear them talk about how they feel badly for the dinosaurs-because how scary it must have been. Or feel for the homeless because it's so cold. Seeing things from another's perspective is an important part of being human and in my opinion something missing from our society today.

So one of our Spirit Days was (as is probably the same on many campuses)-Ugly Sweater Day. I showed the students pics of ugly sweaters and asked them to close their eyes and pretend they were an ugly sweater. How would they feel, what would they see, what would they wish?

Some of them really got it!


















I see the person wearing me.
I would feel very happy.
That I would be pretty very much.






No comments :

Post a Comment