Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Do You Miss Me?

So I posted before about my knee troubles. I've been hobbling around with a cane for going on 2 months now. A difficult way to start the school year! The kids are very understanding-the pics they draw of me even include my new appendage. I'm really hoping "cane" is one of the vocabulary words they test them on! :)


Well, Friday I had surgery to fix it-there are fancy medical terms for what they did, but basically they reattached my meniscus as well as cleaning up some cartilage. They said I would be on crutches afterward, but I had no idea I would be this debilitated. Even getting up into the bed is a challenge. Thank goodness for my parents who let me stay with them and have basically waited on me hand and foot. I don't know how people with no family recover from this alone. I haven't even been able to catch up on my reading-just too hard to get comfortable. I thought I'd be able to go back to school after 2 weeks, but now I'm not so sure. I have a really good sub in for me right now-she sent me pictures of the kids from Crazy Hair day today. I'm sad I have to miss the festivities for this week.

. This is one of my nurses. I really thought she was watching over me and then realized I had her ball! :) My mom has 2 boxers which have been very tolerant of their "Sissy" taking over their living room. I have a German Shepherd Ruby who has also been pretty good about our adventure.







So in a nutshell, that is why I haven't posted recently and probably won't in the next week or so. I haven't been with my kiddos to do anything fun with them. :( I've never gone this long without posting before so I'm kind of in withdrawal. It is nice to catch up on reading other blogs though.

I'm on my way to standing up on my own two feet again soon!


4 comments :

  1. I'm so very sorry this has come your way. Thankfully you have some wonderful help both inside and out of the classroom. Rest up.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy! I am very lucky and trying to get some rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having gone through knee replacement surgery 4 years ago, I feel your pain and frustration. Listen to your body and rest easy and you will be back at school in no time. Sending you good thoughts as you recover. And from experience it sure helps to know that your young charges are in capable hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try and listen to my body. Thank you for the good thoughts. I can't imagine how much harder a whole knee replacement surgery would be.

      Delete