Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Hink Pinks

I LOVE wordplay! I cannot remember where I learned about these but my kiddos really like trying to figure them out and I do think it stretches their thinking a little bit. Hink Pinks are two words that rhyme and describe something-like for example-Fat Cat, or Cool School. What I do is draw a picture on the board (my students think I'm a great artist-but believe me, I have no delusions of grandeur!) and have the kids try to figure it out. When they get one of the words, I do confirm that is right so then they try to figure out the rhyme.




Now this one I was going for "fox blocks" but a "fox box" which is what my kids said works too. If you have older kids you can give them the word clues-zaftig feline (fat cat), (hilarious rabbit), etc.




2 comments :

  1. I'm familiar with hink pinks. Aren't there hinkety pinketies too or am I making that up? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard it called that, but I like that much better! :)

    ReplyDelete