Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Gratitude

I believe in being grateful 365 days a year. I will often be driving to work in the morning and think about how thankful I am to be able to see the sunrise every day. Or think I lost my phone and be so thankful that I ended up finding it. Sometimes it's the little things. :) 

I wanted to write today about things I am thankful for professionally. I have not kept secret how unhappy I was last year at my previous school. I am in such a better place now (literally and figuratively). Here is my list of things I am grateful for:

1) I now work for an administration that is supportive and open-minded to trying new things. My principal is letting me do a graphic novel club this year that I am so excited about, he's letting me try things like project-based learning. Everyone in our administration is so present on our campus. I could not ask to work for a better leadership team.

2) I am grateful to new colleagues who have embraced me (and my big mouth :). The culture at my new school is very positive and I truly appreciate that.

3) I am grateful for my new students. I work in a school that is not in a very good area-100% of our students qualify for free lunch. But they come to school wanting to learn. I ask a lot from them, they don't back down from those challenges.

4) I am grateful for having had the opportunity to present my ideas this year. I presented in San Antonio (about 300 miles from where I live in Houston), I presented at an Early Childhood Conference and I presented to my colleagues at school. I love sharing ideas and have learned so much from others in that collaboration. 5 years ago I don't think I would have had the courage to do any of those things.

5) I am grateful for my public library system. I put books on hold every single week and every time I go in those books are there waiting for me. I have been able to share so many amazing titles with my students because of that access.

6) I am grateful to my colleagues who share their ideas, their and their opinions on social media free of charge!

I thank you for reading this little ole blog!

What are you grateful for this year?




No comments :

Post a Comment