Pages

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

New Versions of Cinderella

I shared different versions of Cinderella with my students:





(We are in Texas after all! :) 



Then I asked my students to create their own new version of Cinderella. Here's what they came up with:

Pretty Cinderella


Panda Cinderella


Rainbow Cinderella


Happy Cinderella


Fox Cinderella


Purple Cinderella


Cowboy Cinderella


City of America Cinderella


Astronaut Cinderella


Cow Cinderella


My favorite-School Cinderella. She could marry the "Prince"-a-pal (get it). 


Normal Cinderella

 



Rhyming Cinderella


Wedding Cinderella


(If it were later in the year and my students were better at sounding out their words, I would have had them flesh these out more-what did the character lose, how would the story change in their version. But many of my students are still mastering what I am calling "Brave Writing" where they can apply sounds to letters and sound out what they want to write.)



No comments :

Post a Comment