Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2018

My Favorite Monster Books

I love doing a monster unit for Halloween. Here are some of my favorite read-alouds:


Leonardo is terrible at being a monster. He's not scary at all. A great story by Mo Willems.


Love this book about sorting your emotions.


A re-write of several different fairy tales including Princess and the Pea with monsters.


Love using this book to compare monster families to our families.


Monsters don't say "I love you"-they say "I loathe you". I read this story and then have the kids write about what another creature might say to express their love for one another.



He thinks his teacher is a monster until a very human moment happens when they run into each other outside of school. My students have a hard time with metaphor, so this is a great way to introduce it.


I remember reading this book as a child. I like when I can get excited and do different voices.




1 comment :

  1. These books are really amazing. Thanks for sharing such and informative post.
    Neha

    ReplyDelete