Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Painting the Blues

I truly believe that students do not get enough instruction in the Arts in our schools today. My students attend art class every 9 weeks the way we do our ancillary rotation. And Music class once every other week. I try to make up for that in my classroom. Now I do have to sneak it in, using other objectives, but we still try to teach the whole child. 

Today we listened to some music by Blues artists. We listened and thought about what it made us feel. What it made us picture in our minds. Then we painted what we heard and wrote about what it made us think of. Here's what The Blues looks like to my students:

Makes me think of black and blue.


pretty people


all colors



happy people


if you get sick and you get scared


a horse







No comments :

Post a Comment