Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Miss Rumphius

This book is one of my all-time favorite stories (my kids say "you always say that" :). It's about a little girl who makes goals for herself to see the world and to make it a more beautiful place. As she grows up she realizes she has met most of her goals, but hasn't made the world more beautiful-so she sets out to do just that. She spreads seeds all around her little beachside home and they grow into flowers that spread more and more seeds each year. What a great message, that we should leave this earth a little more beautiful than when we found it.

I read this story to my kiddos every year and then I ask them to write about what they will do to make the world a more beautiful place. Here are their responses:












No comments :

Post a Comment