Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankfulness

OK, I'm not even sure that's a real word. :) I have read some really marvelous posts from other bloggers expressing the things they are thankful for in their lives. I wanted to do one that was classroom-related...things I am very grateful for:

1) My munchkins! Do they drive up my blood pressure and give me extra gray hairs sometimes--absolutely. However, they are also very sweet, thoughtful, curious, hard-working kiddos. I look forward to seeing them in class every day.

2) My parents. We did an activity for Halloween and 19 out of 26 families were represented...during a weekday! They participate in things like a dialogue journal, they ask questions about how to help support what we are learning in class at home; I couldn't ask for better involvement.

3) My colleagues. People describe most schools like a family...I'm honestly not sure ours is there right now; we've had some big changes this year. However, I think the people I work with are very talented educators and everyone wants to do what's best for the students; which I know from experience, you don't find everywhere. We share ideas and really collaborate well together.

4) My administrators. I've worked at other schools and know how hard some people can make just doing your job. Our administration is extremely supportive and understanding. Whether it's looking for advice on how to handle a certain situation or how to help a troubled student-they are always there with words of wisdom. I was really dreading telling them I'd need a week off for surgery and it was treated as absolutely no big deal-go do what you have to do to be healthy.

5) Our new school building. After working in an ancient building for so long we feel very spoiled now. Our outlets and internet drops were miles away from each other, very temperamental air conditioning system. Now we have so much more access to technology, everything is new and improved--we are very grateful for those upgrades.

6) Bloggers and blog-stalkers. I'm so thankful for all the teachers that share all their wonderful ideas. I talk about some of the bloggers like I actually know them...well, a friend of mine tried it this way in their class. :) I'm amazed that anyone even reads this blog, much less can maybe get some ideas from it. Every once in awhile I'll get an e-mail or a comment from a reader and it truly makes my day!

All in all, a lot to be thankful for. We still have 2 more days this week and I'm hoping to actually get some new holiday-related pics up. I'm dying pasta today for a Native American storytelling activity.



I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!





No comments :

Post a Comment