Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Inspiration

We all need some right?! So here are some of my favorite quotes and videos that I am going to keep in mind as we prepare for those new challenges:



I've posted this one before, but that just makes it a classic, right? :) I think this is so true. Sometimes we have to remember to just put that smile on our faces and persevere.



Well, I still enjoy all these things, so I guess I can keep teaching. :)


This is soooooo true for GT kids, let me tell you! I can't tell you how many times I've seen kids who can talk about ethics or use words like extraordinary, but they can't figure out what to do if they can't go the way we normally do in the hallway. Just go around it!


Ha ha! Crazy but in a good way. I think you have to remember to have fun and have a sense of humor.


How cool is this?! It's a vending machine for books--a school in California got it to try and encourage reading. Now that's outside the box thinking! I would love to have one of these, but I would probably end up spending way too much money!


I truly can see this applying to your classroom. You don't have to do what everyone else is doing or what you've done for 20 years--you can be different!




This is my prime example of why we should let children play with blocks. Three students in the span of about 10 minutes built this-I turned around and there it was. Their goal was to make a "train" using all the blocks. What an example of creativity if you give them to tools to get there!


And some videos:



And this one suggested by Terri over at    http://engagetheirminds.wordpress.com        :


I think many, many teachers "save the shoes" every single day!




6 comments :

  1. Those are great! Books in a vending machine? That's a new one, and I love it!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love to collect quotes and sayings,

    Good collection.Thanks for sharing

    www.mysmartangels.blogspot.com

    Nilangi

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Roald Dahl quote is one of my favs! Thanks for being so inspiring!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those videos gave me chills! Thanks for sharing and reminding us of why we love what we do!
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete